Saturday, June 11, 2011

Foodfight!

Over memorial day weekend, Ivan and I invited a few families in our ward and the sister missionaries over to have a food fight. Ivan's family used to have them on Memorial day, but they haven't had one since we got married. I guess due to the fact that all the kids had moved away, but still unacceptable. So naturally, I have been bugging them for the 3 1/2 years of our marriage to have one. Well, Ivan and I decided to take matters into our own hands and plan one. We did it at Ivan's parents house (thanks again Donna and Mike!) and it was a BLAST!

The Ammo: mashed potatoes, oatmeal, pudding, applesauce, yogurt, mayo, cottage cheese.
BeforeIvan wanted to do a war tribute, so we stood on the front line while Mike commanded the shots. This didn't last long...
And the real battle begins. We thought the kids would love it, I mean, they get to throw food! But when we started throwing, all the kids started screaming. It was funny and sad at the same time.
The damage. It was everything I had hoped for and more. Totally recommend it!Our dirty family! Tyson was not very happy. Neither was the lawn. Pretty sure there is still molding food on their lawn a week and a half later. Fertilizer right?

6 comments:

  1. That is amazing! I think that we will steal this tradition from you and if we are ever together for Memorial Day...BRING IT ON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I totally thought I had your blog on my reader that would notify me when you updated your blog. I kept thinking, "Katie must not update her blog much, I haven't heard from them in a while." Well...come to find out I actually DIDN'T have you on my notification list but I do NOW! :) Looks like you guys are having a blast :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like Sooo much fun!!! I've always wanted to do a food fight and still have yet to do so. Maybe this will help that to come true :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun!! I'm jealous! I miss you! We need to catch up! I hope all is going well. I saw a picture of you on facebook at a wedding and you look so goregous! I LOVE your hair!!

    ReplyDelete