Monday, November 15, 2010

A Day in the Life of Tyson Tidwell


-Wake up. Eat oatmeal and maybe a banana.
-Kick the ball down the stairs (Tyson could do this all day if I would let him).
-Play outside. He loves hitting the baseball off his tee but even more he loves to pitch the ball to me and let me hit. When he hits the ball off the tee, he runs in a circle and yells "run the bases, run the bases." So cute!
-Play with toys.
-Snack and lunch somewhere in the mix.
-Read books and nap time.
-Go to the park.
-Go on walks around the block where Tyson proceeds to point out every rock, tree, fire hydrant, "pretty flower," and car that goes "vroom vroom." He also says hi to everyone we see and then says "I sweet" after because I tell him he is sweet when he says hi to people. I think he has memorized where all of the basketball hoops in the neighborhood are because he never misses pointing one out. He also reminds me of where we saw the "peatocks" a couple weeks ago. He kicks the leaves as we go and loves when I lift him up to touch the leaves. He can recognize an airplane from the sound it makes and stops every time one flies over. He pauses whenever the wind blows and says "wiiinnnd." And every few houses he runs up and down the driveways a few times. But his favorite thing of all is to look up in the sky and see the moon. I don't know why, but Tyson has an obsession with the moon. Anytime we color I have to "make a moon" for him. So, on our walks, every few minutes he stops to find the moon. Ya, it takes about a half an hour to walk around the block with Tyson, but I love it.
-Play some more.
-Dinner, after which he always requests a bath.
-Bedtime routine, during which he gets toothbrush and toothpaste and he loves it.

I just had to write this down so I can remember it in 20 years.

2 comments:

  1. So Cute. :) Naomi has an obsession with the moon as well. Every time we go inside she says "OH MOON, night night moon, Love you". Tyson is soo adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. Can't wait until Cal starts talking a bit too! Tyson's gonna have to show him the ropes! And with you being such a great mom Katie, you're gonna have to show me the ropes too! Love that you take Tyson for walks every day!

    ReplyDelete