Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Halloween!

I am so bad at Halloween! I think it is such a fun holiday and this time of year brings about many of my "favorite things" in life, but I always seem to be caught off guard and utterly unprepared when it comes around! I was, at the last minute of course, trying to throw a costume together for Tyson when our good friends, the Tanners, let us borrow one of their old costumes. Lifesavers! So Tyson was an elephant. And a dang cute one at that!
Sometimes a mad one.

We had a blast painting pumpkins (I thought Tyson would do better with that) and roasting the seeds of course. And on Saturday night we went to the ward trunk or treat. Dinner and dessert were great, but Tyson wasn't. The poor kid was a little overwhelmed by the huge crowd, so we didn't get to stay for the actual trunk or treat. But we did have one success of the night, I won the award for best pie! It was really exciting, because I totally didn't expect it and because I have never one anything like that before.
Brush and hand, of course.

2 comments:

  1. He does make a very cute elephant. Congrats on winning first place on your pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling little elephant!!!! And CONGRATS on winning the best pie award! We may have to try that sometime:)

    ReplyDelete